Monday, July 30, 2007

Ain't No Mountain High Enough?

As gonzo would say, "Wowzers."

I'm staring at a mountain. I'm aware that it won't move or change, but for some reason I'm struck. The weird thing is that I don't know what it is about a giant rock that is so...breathtaking. Is it the height - that it is greater than me? Is it that I can look at it for hours and still not know all of its features and blemishes? Or is it that its creation and existence is completely beyond my control - I've done nothing to aid in its existence. That in all of it's uniqueness it is simply, remarkable. Is it cheesy to think that this is how God sees us? Why can't I see my fellow man with such wonder?

2 comments:

burnshead said...

welcome to the world of the blog!! glad to see you writing. and yes, steph and i are certainly jealous of the fact that you're in the mountains this week.... ahhh, but you didn't get to play a rousing game of 'mexican train dominos' with us now did you!?!?

rachel arnold said...

i want to be in the mountains!!!! my husband passed along your blog... i'm assuming burns passed it along to him:) i'm having serious estes park withdrawals...